This wonderful recipe was sent to me by MawHawg... I love shrimp, especially Sooke shrimp... Sooke is a small town located on Vancouver Island... Their shrimp is to die for!! If you like shrimp, you've got to try this one... It's so delicious!!
Prep/Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 15 oz. can Swanson's Vegetable Broth
2 15 oz. cans hot water
1 16 oz. box Orzo Pasta
1 15 oz. can Diced Tomatoes
1 1/2 lbs small salad shrimp
1 Medium Zucchini, coarsly grated
1 Medium Onion, minced & divided in half
3 Cloves Garlic, minced & divided in half
1 inch long piece fresh Ginger, peeled and thinly slivered
1 Small Anaheim Pepper, seeded and diced
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1/2 Teaspoon each of: dried Thyme, Pepper and Cumin
1. Drain and reserve tomatoes and juices separately..
2. In a bowl, combine rinsed shrimp with lemon juice, pepper, ginger, thyme, paprika, cumin, 1/2 amount of garlic and 3 Tablespoons of reserved tomato juice.
3. Bring broth, water and remaining tomato juice to a boil, add Orzo and cook to box instructions
4. On Medium high in non-stick skillet, add oil, remaining garlic, onions, zuccini, and ginger. Saute 3 minutes.
5. Add tomatoes and peppers to skillet, increase heat and bring mixture to a rapid boil..
6. Add shrimp mixture and cilantro, reduce heat to med/low and simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Drain cooked Orzo, pour onto serving platter and add shrimp mixture over top. Garnish with sprigs of cilantro.
Serve with a nice crusty loaf sour dough bread and fresh steamed green vegetable.